Thursday, May 21, 2009

Free speech - Part 2

Interesting to see that 'community guru' Patrick O'Keefe has commented on my earlier post on the problems we have around reader comments on the McCann family. He picked up on Stuart Glendinning Hall's blog reference to my post and I think he said he agreed with what I'd said.

He said: "The important thing is to cultivate the proper community that fits within whatever your looking to accomplish or what your brand is. Do you want a website where people can’t feel safe browsing from work or around their family? There is no right answer there, just what your audience is. If so, there are things you’ll need to remove. Do you want a website that is riddled with personal attacks and bitter, nasty arguments? Again, no right answer, but whatever you decide will require maintenance."

For more, visit Stuart's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, when I commented, I didn't realize it was a post for this site or I would have commented here. Anyway, yes, was agreeing. :) Best of luck.

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - all comments are moderated, but will only be blocked if they are foul, abusive or libellous. Keith