Thursday, July 30, 2009

And our new football writer is ... not a Leicester City fan

I'm really pleased to say that we've found a great talent to take over as our chief Leicester City writer.

Rob Tanner will be joining us from the Birmingham Post and Mail in the next couple of weeks - he's been covering West Midlands football for the past decade.

Following on from my earlier post, I can confirm that he is not a Leicester City fan. I got an interesting response to my post on this point, with 'readers' being split 50:50 on the importance of his allegiance, and journalists being 100% certain it was totally unimportant! In the end, I think the most important thing was whether or not we could find a great football writer. I had next to no City fans apply for the job which sort of made the decision for me, but it is clear that Rob has a good knowledge of football and it won't take him long to get up to speed on City.

I'm really excited that we've got a new writer to go along with a new season in a higher division ... and we're planning expanded coverage including a 16 page sports supplement for every Monday.